Educational Advancement Foundation

Facebook Link Twitter Link

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Does one have to be a member of AKA to qualify for scholarships?

A: No. The only scholarship reserved for Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority members is the Youth P.A.C. scholarship.

Q: Are males eligible for EAF scholarships?

A: Yes. We support students without regard to sex, race, creed, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or disability.

Q: How do I obtain a scholarship application?

A: Applications and most EAF forms are available through chapters, Regional Coordinators, Chapter Captains, and online. We do not accept telephone or written (e-mail, fax or mailed) requests for applications.

Q: How do I apply for a scholarship?

A: After setting up your scholarship profile you will be able to apply for all eligible scholarships on-line.

Q: What is the deadline for submitting/receiving the scholarship application?

A: Different Foundation programs have different application submission deadlines. Refer to the applicable Web site page for details.

Q: How can official transcripts be “official” if the seal is broken?

A: Request your official transcripts from your registrar’s office. These documents should have a signature, seal, or other notations authenticating these as being “official” documents. When you receive your copy open the envelope and scan the documents then upload the transcript(s) into your application in the required fields. This is the method in which we accept official transcripts.

Q: Can international students apply for scholarships?

A: Yes if you meet the criteria and eligibility.

Q: My endowment is capitalized, can I use the entire $20,000 to give out awards?

A: No, you can only give awards from the previous year interest.

Q: My chapter is doing a fundraiser; can I use the EAF. logo?

A: All logo requests need to be made to the EAF Executive Director.

Q: What form do I need to fill out to grant a student an award from my endowment?

A: You must fill out a check request form and submit it back to EAF for distribution.

Q: Is there a form that can be used to send in payments to an endowment?

A: You can use the “Individual Contribution Form”. Check the Other box and write in the name of the endowment you are making the contribution to. Also, the memo area on your check can be used.

Q: What is the Postmark Date that must be on the mailed envelope for Chapters sending in their chapter contributions to be recognized at their Regional Conferences?

A: February 15th of every year.

Q: When donors use checks to send in donations, who should they make the check out to?

A: All checks should be made out to the: Educational Advancement Foundation, Inc. or just use the initials EAF

Q: What is the mailing address for EAF?

A: The Corporate Office address:
Alpha Kappa Alpha Educational Advancement Foundation, Inc.
5656 S. Stony Island Avenue 3rd
Chicago, IL 60636